Tuesday, September 08, 2009

Mind the Gap

For anyone who has read this blog in the past I suppose you may be wondering about the gap. A lot has happened in the two years since that last post. Here is the short version of it: I met a guy, I made a bunch of new friends, I joined a civic organization, and I’ve been busy with a job I enjoy.
That might be a little too short, let me explain. I met a guy who swept me off my feet, moved himself and his cat into our crooked little cape, and asked me to marry him.
I made a bunch of new friends and we like to get together at least weekly for games and laughs and movies and drinks and such. I couldn’t imagine a Thursday night without them.
I joined an organization filled with civic-minded women like myself who want to meet people, make friends and give back to the community, too. I recently became co-president.
And I still enjoy my crazy job with its ever-changing, always-charming cast and crew. Especially the crazy things they dream up for me to do and to fix.
In the meantime with all of this going on in my life Sonya still takes me for walks almost every day. Despite everything else that has changed and grown, this one solid fact remains in my life: my dog loves her job. We may have changed the schedule from before dinner to after. We may occasionally have a little company. We may even have new places to walk to and from. It doesn’t matter. All that matters is that we have good walking shoes, a couple of plastic bags, a rain-free hour in the day, and a sturdy leash.
As long as we have these we will have walks and as long as we have walks we will have observations and thoughts and enough stuff to write about to fill a blog. So stay tuned, because you never know what will happen when Sonya’s walking.

1 comment:

Jason Bittner said...

Well said ! As one of those 'Thursday Night' friends, I can related to the recent flurry of changes... it's happened to all of us... :) Looking forward to more of these 'walks' with Sonya... :) !